Power tilt and trim

peteb48

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha 200 four stroke. The power tilt seems to either have air in the fluid or is low in fluid. I have looked all over the manual and the unit and I can't figure where to,add fluid. Can someone give me some advise?

Bigfoot

Reaction score
That's. closed cylinder system right? I have the same but the tt is most likely. Cylinder rebuild

peteb48

Reaction score
I don't know if it is a closed system. Was hoping it wasn't. Did you have to get yours rebuilt?

seasick

Reaction score
Looking at the parts diagram, it appears that there is a reservoir and fill plug. The reservoir is on the right side facing the motor from the rear with the motor raised.

CKJR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
The fill plug is on tilt & trim assembly-i believe on the port side. tilt the engine up and fill until fluid reaches the plug. I had leakage around the trim cylinder seals, Do you see oil around these if so these should be replaced. not an expensive job and can be done by you,

grady23

Reaction score
BE SURE --- That you place the support tab in the Engaged postion before working on the hydraulics. This is the small tab that swings in to place to support the engine when raised.Check with a Yamaha mechanic or a Grady Dealer as to which oil to use.