Pressurized Water and hot water System

Lsquared

Reaction score
i looked at some 1999 300's for sale to see if I could see the dockside hookup and did not either.

Some things that not all boats may have though are the check valve, mixer valve and expansion tank(copied from above)

I've had larger boats with dockside hookup. The check valve will be there if you have the dockside, it is what separates the 12 volt pump system and the pressure system. As for the expansion tank, it may not be as big as that but most likely you have one near your pump now. It is how the system keeps up with the demand to the faucet. the mixer valve will be if you have hot and cold.

Apparently the 330 has the dockside hookup.
https://www.gradywhite.com/the-grad...he-freshwater-system-aboard-your-grady-white/

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Some things that not all boats may have though are the check valve, mixer valve and expansion tank(copied from above)

I've had larger boats with dockside hookup. The check valve will be there if you have the dockside, it is what separates the 12 volt pump system and the pressure system. As for the expansion tank, it may not be as big as that but most likely you have one near your pump now. It is how the system keeps up with the demand to the faucet. the mixer valve will be if you have hot and cold.
Nope. There are boats that don't have any of those things - plenty of them - even if they have hot/cold water. Been on them and worked on them - quite a few. The pump can act as the check valve. Many boats don't use a expansion tank (or mixer valve), at all. I'm not saying this from theory or guessing - it's from 30+ years in this business.

georgemjr

Reaction score
can you tell me what grady you had with a hookup? None of the models I owned have had one. My 26 ft searay did but none of my gradys. I would love to hear what ones do model and year.

Reactions: themikehyde

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
can you tell me what grady you had with a hookup? None of the models I owned have had one. My 26 ft searay did but none of my gradys. I would love to hear what ones do model and year.
Thinking about this again... I still find that strange, you know? I honestly can't think of another boat that I've seen (with hot/cold water) that didn't have the hookup (and certainly, by no means, have I seen everything). Maybe Grady expects their customers to be out using the boat all time and not spending time at the dock! But what about when you come back to the dock for the night? Weird.

hinmo

Reaction score
I am a part time boater from the NE (4 or 5 months a year type boater). I do not know this boat 100% but am learning it. Accept for physical limitations due to my age, I am loving working on it and learning it. I have done work I never envisioned (replace hydraulic steering, new remote floodlight, full winterizing of new engines, complete replacement of all bilge pumps, new refidge, etc).

There might be a dockside water hookup that I thought was a wash-down or something...I will check further.

I have not seen an expansion tank and kinda doubt there is one.

Last edited:

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wow, I find that odd. I believe you - just find it odd. I've NEVER owned a boat with a hot/cold water system that DIDN'T have a dockside hookup. I've had boats with a cold water only system that didn't have the hookup - but never one with a full system.

I'm curious now, I have never seen a GW with this setup either. Have to stop by my dealer and check out the new models a little close.

hinmo

Reaction score
I just found my manual, and the pressurized water diagram does NOT show a dock connection NOR a expansion tank. I have attached a thumbnail. (you might need to open in s separate tab or window).

Attachments

• Marlin Water1.png
    Marlin Water1.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 8

georgemjr

Reaction score
People, this could be the most frustrating conversation I have had on this forum in 10+ years:

THERE IS NO DOCKSIDE HOOK UP ON GRADY WHITES, AT LEAST THROUGH 2007.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
George, I don't think anyone is arguing whether the boats have the hookup or not - at least not from my perspective. It's more about being SURPRISED that the boats don't have them. Until I came to Grady, it's been pretty much a standard thing. I'm sure there are other boats that don't have it - it just seems like a silly thing to NOT have it. It's so much nicer to have a continuous supply of fresh water, rather than always filling the tank. Of course, this is largely dependent on how one uses their boat, of course. But if you're spending some time at a marina, it's an awful nice creature comfort.

On the other hand... it could very easily be added. It's just a simple plumbing connection with a pressure regulator input connector, some pex line and a T.