PROPER WAY TO FLUSH MOTOR

jskylar

Reaction score
I have been reading the posts on the 02-03 F225 corrosion issue and many have been flushing the motor with the hose connection while running the engine. Some have said not to, so I called the Yamaha outboard line and they said you do not run the motor with the hose flush connection. This is designed to be flushed with the motor out of the water and run 15-20 minutes. I asked about the thermostat not being open and he stated there is a designed small bypass to flush the entire motor. You run the risk of melting the impellers and worse case, overheating the motor by running on the hose connection.[/b]

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Same info do not run the motor on the hose alone!! The thermostats have a small weephole in them to allow water to pass through.

jaydub

Reaction score
I've been using Salt Terminator when I flush mine. I assume it's doing some good but not really sure. Anyone else using it to flush their motor?

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes i use Saltaway and Macs both seem good but without stripping the motor it's hard to tel.

eppem

Reaction score
Flushing Motors

Does anyone read their owners manuals anymore?

I dont have mine in front of me but would be pretty sure that its directions for proper flushing are very clear and say DO NOT RUN THE ENGINE WHILE FLUSHING!