Pulling a tube

DSC

Reaction score
Anyone pull a tube with a 33 or 36 express? If so, did you use the stern eyes? Thanks.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I've pulled tubes on boats your size - just not your particular boat - but in the end, it's all the same. Big wake at tube speeds (slower than skiing). You'll probably use full tabs and full engine down trim... maybe kick the engines up a bit. Yes, stern eyes or even stern cleats are fine. Stern eyes sometimes drag the rope in the water a bit - but that's less of an issue with a taller boat. You can buy a bridle setup (extra long one) so the pull stays equalized between the two points and the tube stays centered. If the rope does drag, you can get something like an Airhead Booster Ball.

DSC

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I have the 16 ft tow harness for my 265. Not sure it would be wide enough for a 330.
I have a tailgate, no bracket or euro transom and the motors are in close. 9'7" beam. The eyelets are on the transom corners.
Depends on where your eyelets are. You need to get around the motors. If they are out on the end of the motor platform you might be ok with 16ft.

https://www.greatgrady.com/media/tubing-july-4-2018.6/

Last edited:

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I pulled a 2 man tube from my 33 Express using one of the stern cleats. Didn't have any problems at all, but I was a bit careful (esp at first) that the tube wasn't going to swamp getting going. If the tube swamps, it puts tremendous pressure on the line and could possibly have damaged the cleat mounting, or even worse, ripped the cleat out which then becomes a high speed projectile aimed right at the occupants of the tube!

Anyways the angle of the line to the cleat made it hard / impossible for the tube to swamp so it all worked great. Towing wise - it was awesome... nice huge wake to bounce the riders through and all the folks on the boat had a great view of the kids... The fact that the tube wasn't centered was not a problem, and the boat handled as if the tube wasn't there.

RobertHan

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Chúng tôi đã có một số người chèo thuyền với chúng tôi mà không phải để đánh thức hoặc lướt ván. Họ nói nếu chúng tôi có một chiếc xe có thể kéo được, họ sẽ thử cái đó, vì vậy chúng tôi đã đi tìm kiếm xem có gì ngoài đó. Chúng tôi đã quyết định thử Airhead Mach 2 và chúng tôi không thể hài lòng hơn. Chúng tôi đã chơi nó trên mặt nước vài lần, vào mùa hè này, và mọi người đều thích nó. Nó tương đối dễ dàng để bơm phồng và xẹp xuống và dường như có thể chống lại sự hao mòn tốt. Chúng tôi đã có hai người lớn trong đó và chúng tôi cũng điều hành nó với một người duy nhất. Với một người, chúng tôi thấy thoải mái và vui vẻ nhất là ngồi trên dải phân cách giữa hai buồng lái.