Pursuit os345 vs. Grady 330 express

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Well it's time to move up from my 272 sailfish. Options we are looking at are (1) purchase a used 330 (2008 or newer) with twin 350 yams. (2) purchase new 330 with the new twin 300 yams. (3) purchase new or used pursuit 345. Bought my sailfish new in 2000 and have been a happy Grady owner since. We just need a bigger boat for overnighting and creature comforts like a generator etc. I would love to get some feedback from anyone on how they like their 330 and thought on the pursuit. How does it handle offshore? Pros vs Cons?

CWOT

Reaction score
I think the Annapolis Boat Show yesterday October 14 had both models. I could not find a local Pursuit dealer but the dealer from Morehead City was very helpful. I was looking at Grady and they had a lot of boats and 4 different Grady dealers, lots of advise.

JiminGA

Reaction score
What a nice decision you have to make!!

I had a chance to take a close look at at a new 2011 330 Express at the Boathouse in Hilton Head, SC recently. It had the new glass enclosure. WOW, it was impressive! The sightlines were amazing - NO obstructions whatsever when you are at the helm. Seeing the boat "in person" does it a lot more justice than seeing pictures. You just have to see one for yourself. It would definitely be on my "short list" were I ever to be fortunate enough to consider owning a boat in this range.

One thing you would definitely want on the 330 if you did go with the new enclosure would be the optional helm A/C/heat - it would make a terrific season extender and also make a hot summer a lot more bearable.The fishing setup on the 330 is impressive with a nice big full-column baitwell and bait prep center. The fish boxes are HUGE!

The Pursuit you mention is actually the other boat I want to compare it with also. I'm betting you'll find the Grady to be more of a "fish/cruise" boat while the Pursuit will be more of a "cruise/fish" boat. Both are quality - just comes down to preference on layout, IMO.

Let us all know what you decide.

GulfSea

Reaction score
They had a lightly used, pristine 2 year old 330 here a few months ago at a local dealer that was loaded. I guess they finally sold it and I'm glad. Seeing that beauty sitting there with a big for sale sign was killing me.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks for the input. Will let you know what we end up with. Figure we can get the new boat, sell the current one and install a new 20k lift over winter.

southernstar

Reaction score
I have a 2008 33 express loaded . Helm ac and fish boxes with refrigeration. It is a fantastic sea boat. Could not be happier. Catches fish and the wife sure likes it. Have fun. :D