Question for Grady Inboard owners...

dowplunger

Reaction score
I'm replacing the panel across the transom end of the cockpit that the dog house rests against (don't know what they call it) and the aluminum molding that the dog house rest on is bent (doesn't look factory). I'm wondering what the factory version looks like and/or if I should put something better there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Bill

sirc59

Reaction score
dog house is box that covers over motor any way think it called a splash board and my 79 overnighter has it across the rop where board and top motor box meet

Amigo

Reaction score
I can help. It is a U shaped piece of aluminum. It is designed to shed water to the side and onto the deck rather than down on the engine.

My boat is in storage. Let me know if you need a picture.

dowplunger

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes, splash board sounds right. I'm going to look around home depot or somewhere for a piece of the aluminum. I have the bent piece that was on the boat before but because the splash board was not oem I don't think the aluminum piece the previous owner installed was either.

bondstreet

Reaction score
My 88 overnighter has teak 2x4 boards notched to fit the hole in the deck around the engine. It is screwed down and caulked to prevent water from going into the engine box. The teak looks good and I remove it in the winter when I service the engine/bilge.