Questionable option on 2013 GW expresses.

Frank G

Reaction score
Looked at a 2013 GW express 330 at the Annapolis boat show. A brand new feature is fold down bench seats on the port and starboard sides of the cockpit. My wife loved this feature as it would make entertaining on the boat much more comfortable. However, it appears you loose the rod racks, storage for the boat hooks and fishing nets. In addition, we were told as an option the bench seats will set you back over $3,000 each. The wife did not like them that much.

alfa1023

Reaction score
Frank,

My 2 cents worth. We fish/dive our boat a lot, and also do family stuff a lot. When we are cruising/entertaining and have more than just the two of us on it, we put deck chairs (4 at times) in the cockpit as well as you can through a couple of bean bag chairs back there also. With the existing fold down stern seat and all this, we always have plenty of seating. And when we are done, all this "stuff" comes off the boat and into storage to make room for our next dive / fishing trip.

So to me, I guess it comes down to your planned use for the boat. And of course, not to forget the golden rule "if she is happy, everyone is happy".

You will love the boat.

Jim

Fishtales

Reaction score
GW has been moving slowly from family fishing to family fishing/entertaining so this does not surprise me. It is an option, so you have your choice. The problem I have is some boats are pre-ordered. I wouldn't be happy if the seats were on my boat. But you may have to compromise as I beleive you lose price leverage when you order a boat from the factory. $3K is expensive, but what option isn't these days.