Questions evenrudes 200s

*26.8 Ilander

Reaction score
Hello all, I have A26.8 Ilander 1997 with twin 200 evenruds. I just got it back from the shop this week. The check engine light was coming on the guy at the shop put the computer on it and found out somthing on the air filter wasent conected.I put the boat in the water fired them up and the check engien came on again.He told me just to run it the boat seem to run fine but I am concernd this will damage the moter Ive been running a19.8 carilina sciff for ten years with never a problem moving up to this gw was a big jump in size and quite frank I was a little nervus when I mashed them throttles and that boat took off like a rocket.Ive had my sciff for a long time so if somthing would go wrong I would know im just not confident yet with the boat.is there any thing I should do about this light or just run it. Don,t fear the night fear what hunts the night (victor Ar15.com the best)

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'd find out why the check engine light is on. If it's always on you'll never know when something BAD may be happening.

Seahunter

Reaction score
Find a new shop. There are no computors to download anything on those motors.

FWIW: The check engine light is a fuel restriction so you're running lean. Next sound you hear may be a boom if you don't resolve the issue.

gradytom

Reaction score
Are these the fichts?
PM me I can tell you how to read the codes off the dash.
It involves holding open the throttle position sensor (usually w/a rubber band) and turning the key but not starting it, then reading the intermittent flashes on the dash check engine light and referring to the code it gives in the shop manual.

gt

scubadown

Reaction score
Your mechanic must have meant the fuel filter as there is no air filter.