Re-doing seat cushions and bolsters

Jerseyboy1946

Reaction score
I have a 95 Seafarer that is rack stored in SouthWest Florida.
My cushions and bolsters are looking tired, discolored and in some cases, the bolsters are cracked. That Florida sun just beats them up.
Has anyone had the cushions recovered ? Is it worth the cost of replacing them with new ?

Will be installing a Pro-fish 700, Delta 14, Lewmar roller delta type and Lewmar 15 ft of 1/4 chain with 200' of 1/2 package on my existing GW pulpit. Anything I should look out for when removing the old GW roller with the new Lewmar roller ?

Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Amigo

Reaction score
Page down about 30 - 40 topics to "Refurbishing Cockpit Bolster Pads" That discussion about said it all but let us know if you have further questions.

It's and easy do project that brightens the boat.

Amigo

Reaction score
Additional information coming out of a brain fade.

I had two cushions that covered fish boxes re done. They were approx. 14"X 16". Price for both was $70. They matched the Grady vinyl perfectly. This was done by a Mom and Pap shop in SW MI.

After that I realized that my captains chairs were very grungy. The plastic is porous and was stained and the cushions were stained and no longer cushioney.

I checked out new chairs rather that reupholstering. I figured about $75.00 per chair to reupholster. I bought locally the following -
Wise White Extra Wide Ladder Back Boat Seat Package
Mfr # WD1009-710 WHITE Our Stock # 167990308
This is on www.eangler.com

I did not buy the seat pedestals, only the plastic chairs and cushions. I would guess I paid $150 each. The ladder back is way cool compared to the originals. If you go this route check out the width difference between old and new.