Recommendations: Powertech 4 blade props on 2006ish Gulfstream?

julesar

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Anybody running Powertech OFS4 or PTZ4 4 bladed props on their twin F150 setup on a 2006ish Gulfstream? If so, do you see issues? The OFS4 were recommended by Ken at Propgods with PTZ4s as the less expensive alternative. The OFS4s recommended are 15.25 x 16 and the PTZs alternatives recommended are 14.25 x 16. Want better performance in chop and better hole shot. Could care less about top end. Have read that the OFS4s are a bit large for the F150s....Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Call Ken at www.propgods.com He setup 4-blades on my F150's and they were a game changer.
Hook,,, looks like he already called Ken. Third sentence in says " recommended by Ken....."

I'm running the OSF4 on a single setup on Ken's recommendation as well. Great prop. Repowered last year from a 3.3 F225 to a 4.2 F250 and kept the prop. Ran it for a little bit on the F250 but took it off due to an annoying vibration when at idle speed. Mentioned that to my dealer and they said to bring it in and let them put new rods in the hub, as it shouldn't have a vibration. The rods removed, almost half were bad. Haven't had a chance to run it yet with new rods, just got it back last weekend.