Refrigerator - AC Only or AC & Battery

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I dont know the technical draw output but from a practical POV, I have run the boat on a 10 hour day with frig running and hd no problems I have run 10 hour days with no battery power issues. If I am fishing on a hook for exttended periods I ususally just shut it off. trolling it stays on. Even when off it stays cold for a long time. Good luck

Reactions: family affair

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Alway run my fridge off 12 VDC when off the dock. The Yamaha alternators deliver a lot of power even at trolling speeds.
2002-F225-alternator-curve.png
Also my fridge is on 12 VDC all the time at the dock on my Promariner Pro Sport 20 charger.

I did include a reference to 12 VDC/120 VAC conversion above so you can run the fridge on AC while at the dock. The fridge is still a 12 VDC unit but the current draw is off the battery and on the AC power supply when AC is available.

Reactions: family affair

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
"I do have the temperature control knob on the inside, back, top, right. I did not know I can turn off the fridge with that knob!"

Congrats on your Sailfish. I also have the 2008 which had the 12v only fridge. Assuming we had the same model fridge, that temp control wheel in the fridge is also the on/off switch. In one direction of turn, there should be a very slight click that lets you know it's off.

With our boat staying in rack storage, we didn't have much use for the fridge, so we turned it into some pretty useful storage space.