Removing 12v Fridge. UPDATE: New Cabinet Installed w Pics

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Skunkboat: Good idea. Would be nice to find a ready-made solution. Something that would make a 90-degree bend without disrupting airflow.

Tx, Rob

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I will set the one up I use later today and get a pic. His portable setup is far nicer though. All I did on mine was open the hatch to the cabin, set the a/c between the captain seats and point it into the cabin.

I was able to close the top of the cabin door hatch and leave the folding hatch open. I had to put one set of wheels of the a/c over the edge of the floor to the steps to keep it from rolling when the boat rocked heh.

I did not need to run a vent this way.

I will end up installing the a/c inside, eventually, as these are not as “portable” as they are named heh.

Sorry your thread got hijacked, @wahoo33417 but it is still a nice cabinet;)

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Russ: I'm anxious to see your setup. My setup works, but it can be improved upon, so I'm always looking for ideas. I'd really like to just do the permanent install of a real marine AC, but can't convince the Admiral. I think the cost would add to the resale value of the boat. Or at least the ease of selling the boat here in Florida.

Rob

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Same boat here bud....literally heh. The way I get around it is we have an annual “slush fund” that I can use if nothing else is needed...heh. We pay like 50 a month extra in taxes and claim 0 dependents. That generally gives us a large tax return, if we are lucky. We use that for things like this. Last year went to the boat as well, lol.

Hoping in Feb. We will see. I think it will be worth the cost, just need to take some photos of inside and behind the fridge to see where to run it.

If able, I plan to run a “tee” and send it to the cockpit as well, with a closable vent so if we get an enclosure, I can cool that too. Every little bit of room helps with small kids.

If the best I can do is the cabin, that is fine. We slept in the cabin one night with an a/c and it was awesome, albeit I did not sleep well with people around us at the dock heh.

So, will be a few months, barring any other major needs.

For now, the portable does the job...but raining like mad atm and electricity is off so...no testing today:p