Removing locks on underseat storage boxes??

crazygrady

Reaction score
Anysuggestions on how I can remove the locks on my storage compartments. I inadvertnely locked my keys in one of them. I was leaving them there so a guy that is doing some work for me could get into the cabin.
I ordered new locks to replace them I guess I just have to drill them out or can the lock catch be slipped using a thin piece of plastic or metal.
This is a '95 adventure with the black plexiglass doors.

Thanks.

seasick

Reaction score
These locks are fairly easy to pick especially if old. My first action would be to find other Grady owners and try their keys. Some may be the same code or close enough that a little wiggling will work.
I don't want to be smug but I keep a spare set of keys in a second location (not on the boat) just in case.

crazygrady

Reaction score
I hear ya. I just got the boat with only one set of keys. A duplicate set was on my "things to do" list, but it was just too far down the list I guess.
Thanks.

Stonewall

Reaction score
If you are talking about those real small silver keys that look like the old suit case keys....

I think all of these locks are keyed alike. I must have received 20 keys (all alike - 2 keys for each lock) when they delivered my boat. Plus the ones from my 2004 Marlin fit my 2006 33 Express.

If all else fails, PM me you address and I'll be happy to snail mail you a few. No charge!! (I'd be happy to get rid of a few and help a brother out.)

seasick

Reaction score
The storage boxes use a real key, not the flat silver things.. There is a code but with the keys locked away, its a moot point.