Replace Porti Potty with Marine head and 10 gal holding tank, Gulfstream

Ripple

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Looking to replace Gulfstream’s porti potty with regular marine head and 10 gal holding tank. Newer Gulfstreams have them factory installed. GW does not post online plumbing diagram for newer models. Anyone do this job and have suggestions? Anyone have plumbing diagram for a newer Gulfstream showing the head, holding tank location etc…? Thanks!

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I don't have a plumbing diagram or anything like that. However, attached is a snipet from a doc I have that might provide a lead to get what you are looking for. It is a parts doc that indicates the part numbers for the 'optional head'.
28-123 Head - Portable
28-091 Head - Portable w/Deck Pump-out
28-151 Head - Portable w/In-line Macerator
I doubt those numbers work from 18 years ago, but may provide a starting point for finding more info on the plumbing and electrical.
I was interested in doing something like you are contemplating in our 2004 Gulfstream; happy wife, happy life kinda think when my wife is aboard. It turns out to be fairly involved to do. The water supply is fairly easy, but if you want a holding tank (needed at many Southern California harbors) it gets challenging. Instead I decided to stay with the porta-potty and change it every couple of years as the seals dry out and smell funky. That's my $0.02.

1660092334526.png