Replacement Helm Seats Adventure 208

seasick

Reaction score
Just get the specs for width and compare to your current seats. Then take a look at your size and the size of your crew:)
The 208 original spacing is not that wide. The sides of the original seats are also pretty close to the helm sides. If the new seat is too wide it wont be bale to be turned facing straight or may bump into the breaker/switch panel.

I find that the lack of height adjustment is a problem with the original pedestals but unfortunately I have not been able to f1nd a pedestal with the required D shaped base.
Just curious; are you using the bottom and back cushions on the existing seats. Without them those seats are really painful!

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Thanks seasick!

I just have the original seats and cushions from 1995. I thought about ordering new cushions but they are so skimpy to begin with I would rather have a whole new seat

I did find the Tempress in a no arm version, it compares in side to the original seat.

I ordered one just to try out, should have it soon. I will use the original seat base and tube, I think that will work, I if have to modify that I will come up with something

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/temp...-s-armless-low-back-helm-seat-white--14867709

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
Let me know if you decide to sell your old seats with the cushions, Thanks

HiggyD

Reaction score
I'm curious how this turned out too. I looked for better seats for my 208... the only seats I found that appeared to fit were on a 18 or 19' Boston Whaler Outrage (saw them at the boat show in 2018). I called Boston Whaler but they were just too expensive for me. Everything else I found was too wide.

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Well I didn't forget you guys!

I am still waiting for the seat to arrive. It was shipped by the vendor a week ago Friday, said it would be 2-3 weeks and that no tracking info would be available.

I Will let you know!!!

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Well I am not too happy with our friends at West Marine or UPS!

I still dont have the seat. When I ordered it they said 2-3 weeks, that was on 9/12. Also said shipped from vendor, no tracking info available. Then I get another email shipped on 9/14

Ok so I wait.

I got tired of waiting so I did a chat just now. They track it, it was damaged and returned to the shipper. He said they would reach out to the vendor and order another one.

Great just great.

Turns out there is tracking info on it.

I have attached a screen shot. Told West Marine I am not too happy at this point they best get me the seat asap and provide tracking info when it ships.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 13

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I know this is old but thought I would update.

i got the seat, its great. Love it! My old seats are for sale if anyone is interested, I will put an ad up when I can get some pics of them. Nothing wrong with them that a little cleaning wont fix. Now I have to get the other seat, I will do that during the winter

I dont really have a good pic of it,. this is shows it a littleIMG_20190822_183859949_HDR.jpgResized_20190809_065330.jpeg

Reactions: imjus4u2nv

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
What seat did you end up ordering? Looks nice- do you still have the same clearance inbetween the seats?

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
This is the seat West Marine Tempress seat

It is a bit wider. But not much. Also a bit taller from all the padding

The tradeoff is well worth it. I might take an inch off the pedestal tubes to shorten them.

They were on sale for around $150, the sale ended last night. They were also on sale when I bought mine a year ago so I imagine they run them on sale every of often. I am going to keep checking over the winter hopefully I can catch another sale

And its free shipping which is great, they are pretty big and heavy to ship