Replacement Wiper Blade - 1990 Gulfstream

cgmiller

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck replacing the wiper blades on an older Grady? I have not had any luck finding a replacement blade for my 1990 Gulfstream. It has a hole in the mount with an actual nut and bolt..all of the new ones are snap on/hook and latch style..any help would be appreciated.

seasick

Reaction score

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I get mine from CarQuest. Trico part number 752-200.

I also use some AC pipe insulation foam that has the slit lengthwise and slide them over the blades to keep the sun off and to keep them from resting on the hot glass. They last way longer with this trick.

cgmiller

Reaction score
Thanks for the help..I tried 3 local marine stores and the local auto parts store and I struck out..I dont want to spend over 300 bucks to replace everything as the wiper motor still works fine.

seasick

Reaction score
cgmiller said:
Thanks for the help..I tried 3 local marine stores and the local auto parts store and I struck out..I dont want to spend over 300 bucks to replace everything as the wiper motor still works fine.
As mentioned, you wont find then at an auto parts store. You need a truck parts store.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
No CarQuest parts stores around? I also found them at a NAPA Walker auto parts store. Actually was able to get one replacement arm also which was exact replacement due to a old rusted spring. The wiper arm is SS, but the springs are zinc.

The parts guy told me they ordered those wiper arms for an airport account. Sounded like they use them on the airport equipment.
He also could get the wiper blades, but not sure what part number he would use.

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
A Napa model 60-2005 heavy duty refill will probably work...... might also check out my post about wiper motors on here.

cgmiller

Reaction score
Seasick..you are the man..I ordered one of those blades from ryder and it is a perfect match..I ordered them Monday night and I received them today. I did not install it but took it out to the boat to check and it was a perfect match..thanks for the help..I think the blade was $8...