Replacing Deck Drain Hoses (Starboard)

johnpframe

Reaction score
I have a 1994 27ft sailfish, I replaced the port hoses under the live well and they were pretty shot do to the age, which I expected. I know I need to replace the starboard hoses but I would like to do it without cutting the deck and adding a deck plate.
Any suggestions to get around that?

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 95 Islander and am in the same situation. I do believe that you must cut an access hole to do this job. The hoses were probably connected before the top/helm section was installed, that would provide access in the transom area. I am planning on making a 4 inch hole on the riser up to the transom door. I did not want another hole in the floor. It would need to be a screw in plate being it is on a vertical surface.

Did you replace the scuppers? I used the Perko but they did not thread all the way to the flange so I had to make some spacers on the inside of the hull. I was just wondering what brand you may have used.

johnpframe

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the confirmation. I have not replaced the sculpers as they are in good confition.

johnpframe

Reaction score
Made the cuts

fyi do not try to cut an access panel in the deck by the drains, there is a stringer and bulk heading. Was able to relocate my leaning post to the corner which worked out for the best anyway, to cover the hole. Milled a nice piece of aluminum and added the leaning post piece to it and powdered coated it crome. Looks nice!

But cut your access hole in the top deck of the transome right behind the door. Easy access to the drain hoses, be careful not to cut the drain line from the transom to the trim tabs, easy fix if you do.

The wire hose is a pain to remove but at least for me they were not put on with any glue, like the port hoses.

All in all, piece of mind that they have been replaced.