Replacing Fuel Pickup Tube

Clockwork

Reaction score
It appears im sucking air at the pickup tube but it is a solid tube. so how do you replace it? maybe the answer is obvious but is the only solution to remove the tank and reweld a new one in or what has anyone else done? its on a 1990 overnighter and i've never seen a boat with a solid pickup tube. any ideas

seasick

Reaction score
Yes the tube is generally welded in and is solid. Since that tank is 22 years old, it is probably time for a replacement. I don't know if it is worth it or advisable to attempt a repair.

Fish Tank

Reaction score
My pickup was not welded into the tank. Once the fuel line was disconnected, a good wrench on the elbow and it unscrewed the elbow and pickup as one piece. Not sure if my tank was replaced or if it was the original.

seasick

Reaction score
Fish Tank said:
My pickup was not welded into the tank. Once the fuel line was disconnected, a good wrench on the elbow and it unscrewed the elbow and pickup as one piece. Not sure if my tank was replaced or if it was the original.
I hope that is the case. It shouldn't be difficult to determine, either there is a fitting or there isn't.