Repowered Voyager W/300 E-tec

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I test drove the Voyager today with my new 300 E-tec and was more than pleased. I got the fly by wire plus I-command gauges and I think I will love this set up although the sensitive so you have to be easy on the throttle.

richie rich

Reaction score
you went from a 225 to a 300? how do you like the extra power? did your cruise speed change? hows the fuel consumption with the etec?

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
If you have a smart phone and feel ambitious, take some video and post it on you tube! :D

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just test drove today and due to unforeseen trailer problem I did not bring home. Was getting about 1mpg with 225 and was seeing about 2.4 mpg at about 4200 rpm but I really have not had a chance to get real numbers. Had trouble with one of the I command gauges but foubd the problem. Had to still leave the boat due to a trailer problem found just before leaving ,hitting keel . Hope to pick up middle of next week. I can say this motor is strong but no way overpowered as it is rated for 350 hp.

seasnake

Reaction score
I cant wait to here more results . I have a voyager with 2 stroke yam 250 and it runs great .

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Picked up Voyager today and got more fuel numbers. At 4200 RPM 2.5 MPG Running 30 to 32 MPH.
I had 2 extra batteries to 161 gal. fuel when started and 2 men. I am happy with these numbers as of now. Was having trouble with fuel used showing on gauge but the marina called E-TEC support and updated a memory module for fuel "can't remember name" but everything is good now.
The sweet part is I turn on my Garmin 4208 and go to dash gauges and all engine and fuel readings show on the screen.
I may be able to get better mpg but most of the time today was spent learning the new gauges and motor. The fly by wire is special but needs getting used to. :wow