rod holders - 208 adventure

boslaw

Reaction score
I have a standard '97 Adventure. It has 4 rod holders. I'm looking to add a few more and wondering what everyone does (and where they add).

Seems like one could easily and cleanly be added to the port and starboard sides of the stern (on each side of the transom over the seats). Is this what people usually do?

I'm also thinking of adding a few clamp-on rocket launchers to my stock bimini but there's not really a good place to put them (since the canvas covers the rods).

This is my first boat so I'm a little concerned about doing the right thing. I am confident I could do a decent job whichever way I go, but I'd like to follow the same general path that others take so that my boat won't end up being too "unique."

Thanks

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I put them here, to keep anyone from bunging an ankle on the bait well and washdown fittings:

DSC00445.jpg

But then they're not actual rod holders for trolling, I just use the stock grady ones for that. There are times though where a more horizontal holder would come in handy. I would consider mounting a holder on the aft corner of the cockpit coaming. I have also seen clamp-ons on the hand rails for the aft seats. And I've seen an aft fish finder clamped to one of those handles as well.

The mounting pads are for a 32 gal kodiak livewell. The overflow pipes out over the transom next to the motor.

boslaw

Reaction score
nice job! i like those and the location looks perfect. I also like the idea of clamping to the aft seat rails. The pic definitely helped, thanks