Rod Holders 306 Bimini

Miss Madeline

Reaction score
I would like to install rod holders further up my port and starboard gunnels. I am wondering if anyone has done this. I don't think I would have access and I am concerned with drainage. I am curious if anyone has done this and could fill me in or share some intel. Thank you in advance.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I helped someone do it on a different brand hull.
I don't know whats inside the gunnel in your case. You need to stare at it a long time to figure out which angle and length of rod holder you can fit where. Take into account the flare of the hull.

If you want backing plates and bolts, you probably need to cut in and mount a 4" or 6" access plate in the gunnel bulkhead.
Position it so your hand can access the bolts easily. If you put 2 near each other you can get 2 with one access plate.
expect to drop nuts....

To keep water out of your foam, you need to get rod holders with drain fittings. Then plumb some tubing straight down and go out the gunnel bulkhead(inboard) thru a "Push in, barbed drain fitting" TH marine make some in different sizes. This will drain the rod holder to the weather deck.

They should put them in standard on every Grady...
never enough rod holders....good luck

Fishtales

Reaction score
Have a professional do it. Not something you want to mess up. They will install the right angle too.

jminor007

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
I would like to install rod holders further up my port and starboard gunnels. I am wondering if anyone has done this. I don't think I would have access and I am concerned with drainage. I am curious if anyone has done this and could fill me in or share some intel. Thank you in advance.
Miss Madeline. Curious if you ended up adding the rod holders to your 306 Bimini because I'm looking to do the same thing on my 306. I found some killer rod/cup holders from https://mateseries.com/ and I'd like to install the 30 degree rod holder but don't know if the angles will fit. Are your rod holders 0, 15, or 30 degree?