Rubber Bungee

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Does anyone know a source for the rubber bungee that screws into the gunnel rod holders? This holds the rods into the racks.

Enough Already

Reaction score
You can get the 2 piece ends and the cord cut to length at the GW dealer. Most likely if you try and disassemble the old ends (sleeve slides up and snaps to hook or grommet end), you will break the little plastic inserts.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
They sell various diameter bungee cord by the foot, in West Marine, and they also have smallish stainless steel hooks. Not the original equipment, but may even be better.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just to update everyone on these I was able to order from my GW dealer. Ordered last Saturday and called today to pick them up. They were $5.95 each and I replaced both as the rubber was getting cracked on both.

They were in shrinkwrap packaging and made by T-H Marine of Huntsville, AL. Their web site is http://www.thmarine.com/index.cfm. As long as the dealer can get them this quickly and cheap I'll continue with them.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The name of the bungee was "Rod Tamer Strap - 12" Rod Holder" and the part number was RT-14-DP.