Sailfish: helm seats?

cwrisso

Reaction score
Looking at replacing the seats on my 93 sailfish with the Pompanette Elite ones... The width of the pompanettes is 26"... are they wider? There isnt much room to get between the seats with the factory ones, and I'm not a fan of the giant cushions on my factory ones... Wish I could do a captains helm chair and sideways dual seat for the passenger side... Any advice would be awesome!

Amigo

Reaction score
I installed Moeller #2090 on my 1988 Sailfish a year ago. I find that they stay much cleaner than the originals. They have the ladder back design and look good. They are a bit wider than the originals

I was able to mount them on the original slide mechanism in the same holes. You will likely want to replace the plastic swivel bushings at the same ttime.

http://www.moellermarine.com/aftermarke ... elm_seats/

sluggoe

Reaction score
looking to take the armrests off the left seat of my 02 sailfish for more room -- i took a look at it but appears the armrest is one piece and goes under the seat and is an inregral part of the chair which is bolted down;

curious if anyone has done this and is it really that simple or am i missing something?

--sluggoe.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You would have to custom make a sideways bench on the port side, can be done, cabin access may be effected.

Unscrew the pedestal and lay out a carboard template then cut some cheap ply to see if two can sit sideways with good access to cabin.

Look at the newer Sailfish with the same option for ideas.
I think there is a slide in section to clear the cabin entrance and pulled out to sit.