Sailfish owners

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a 3 or 4 drawer plastic plano style tackle center/storage box in the fibreglass helm seat box on the starboard side under the seat pedestal , so it opens aft?? Seems like a good spot for one but not sure about the structural integerity left to support the seat pedestal. There appears to be a piece of wood laminated in the top underside but nothing in the verticle sides. :?: :idea:

mhff34

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same thing. I found some boxes I like but am concerned about the color, most of the boxes are white. The other area I was thinking about installing a locker is in back by the live bait well. On my boat I don't have much depth but plenty of surface to cut in something for tackle, tools etc. Sorry I couldn't help with your question

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I was thinking about putting them in on the port side where the 2 drawers are.

richie rich

Reaction score
Both seat pedestals on my sailfish either have a tackle drawer or swing out door already which I thought all would have? Since they easily support the likes of 250lbs (myself and/or several friends) I don't see why it would be a problem to install one if its not there now.....good use of space. But if you already have a cut out on one side and want to cut another hole so it opens up from the other end, I would reglass the existing cut out for strength, but obviously for looks as well.

Reaction score
Richie As does mine. However I want to improve the GW design by installing a more fishing friendly tackle system. Got the thinkers thinking now do we have any doers that have taken on this venture?? The end plan would be to seal the existing doors shut and not remove them unless some reinforcement was absolutly needed. charles