salvage yards for old parts

bigk23surf

Reaction score
I have a swim ladder that I took off. Not in the best shape but it works.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Buy a non teak swim ladder, cheaper and less maintenance, almost any generic brand will fit if you measure to size. I have the teak one on my 1989 and never used it, it was bulky and in the way, unlike many of the newer styles out there. What type of vinyl do you need, seat cushions or the Grady vinyl sticker. You can get the vinyl stickers from a Grady dealer, and the cushions will need to be custom or off a salvage boat. There are a few bigger boat salvage/junk yards in florida that I've seen online that might carry some stuff you are loking for.

applebeepa

Reaction score
gradyfish22 said:
Buy a non teak swim ladder, cheaper and less maintenance, almost any generic brand will fit if you measure to size. I have the teak one on my 1989 and never used it, it was bulky and in the way, unlike many of the newer styles out there. What type of vinyl do you need, seat cushions or the Grady vinyl sticker. You can get the vinyl stickers from a Grady dealer, and the cushions will need to be custom or off a salvage boat. There are a few bigger boat salvage/junk yards in florida that I've seen online that might carry some stuff you are loking for.[i want the knee cushions for a 1990 seafarer, i am not sure what it is called]

bigk23surf

Reaction score
I would sell it, it came off a 94 seafarer, where are you located, shipping would cost more than its worth.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The cushions around the cockpit at your knee's, they are called coaming bolsters, buying used might not be a good idea unless they are in excellent shape, they are hard to refit properly unless done right, and typically they are not well maintained by owners and fall apart, buying new is the best option unless you can get lucky and find someone with them in good shape. Chances are they won't be unless they were redone by the owner due to the boats year. Not sure if the comaing bolsters off a new 22 would work, only Grady could answer that for you directly.

applebeepa

Reaction score
gradyfish22 said:
The cushions around the cockpit at your knee's, they are called coaming bolsters, buying used might not be a good idea unless they are in excellent shape, they are hard to refit properly unless done right, and typically they are not well maintained by owners and fall apart, buying new is the best option unless you can get lucky and find someone with them in good shape. Chances are they won't be unless they were redone by the owner due to the boats year. Not sure if the comaing bolsters off a new 22 would work, only Grady could answer that for you directly.
I was talking about in the rear of the boat at either side.

thanks

Marlon Jones

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
HI, I need the black acylic cabin locking lift door for a 2001 grady 248 voyager, anyone have any info.
Thanks

Marlon Jones

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
HI, I need help locating the black acylic cabin locking lift door for a 2001 grady 248 voyager, anyone have any info or one for sale. Most places can make it if I had the old one, I bought it missing, any ideas
Thanks

Attachments

• 20211030_114329.jpg
    20211030_114329.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11

Fishtales

Reaction score
I doubt the yards would be much good. For cushions best to go to a local upholster or marine cushion shop. They make them all the time. For hardware check Southco. GW uses a lot of their products. Last resort is to check with GW via the cust service line on the web site. They are pretty good at getting back with info.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Last resort is to check with GW via the cust service line on the web site. They are pretty good at getting back with info.
And likely the most expensive as well. I've actually seen a decent amount of used, as well as even some nice looking new items, on both eBay and Craigslist but both can be hit or miss.

To Marlon... I'd make a new post in the "For Sale/Wanted" section and let people know exactly what year/model boat you have as well as exactly what parts you're looking for.