San Francisco bay halibut report

Pighunter

Reaction score
My wife and I launched in San Rafael this morning, picked up a couple dozen anchovies and slowly made our way over to paradise cove. Fog couldn't have been thicker, made for a VERY nervous wife. We fished from 7:30 to 1:30 in 10' to 50' depths for lots of striped bait and 2 under size halibut (16' and 18") both fish and most bites were in 10' or less of water.

Reactions: RussGW270

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Fog can be very unenjoyable. NAV lights work? where you drifting or trolling? What kind of rigs where you using curious

Pighunter

Reaction score
Fog can be very unenjoyable. NAV lights work? where you drifting or trolling? What kind of rigs where you using curious
Nav. lights do work. We were drifting live bait. Three way swivel with a single and a treble hook the other rig was vjust a single hook with no treble. Went to outdoor pro and bought these halibut rigs.

Just got back from Bodega an hour ago, I took my 14 year old grandson salmon fishing but he got really sick so we cut it short. We trolled from Bird rock to elephant rock area in 250' to 50' of water
We dropped rock fish rigs in front of bird and picked up dinner before I ran him home. One boat limited out by 10 today and my buddy just called me they have 3 in the box. I'm going back tomorrow and give it a try.

Edit: My buddy called they got two limits of salmon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bloodweiser