scuba tank holders

Yellow Boy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the "Roll Control" folding tank rack? Are they durable and effective in keeping the tanks in place?
yb

Desperado

Reaction score
Not exactly sure what you are talking about. I use the Pelican racks and have had good luck with them.

alfa1023

Reaction score
Yes - have used these in several boats now - I use the folding tank holders so that they can be folded down out of the way when not in use - these works great and hold the tanks in place - make sure you adjust them to fit the tanks you have (7.25" dia or 8" dia)

dankrafft

Reaction score
I have a Seafarer 222 how did you mount the fold donw tank holder. I hate to mount it into my bolster.

alfa1023

Reaction score
The plastic tank holders are what fold down - they slide into the aluminum rail, which I mounted to the gunnel under the bolsters using aluminum stock so that there are no visible holes down the road is I ever take the aluminum tracks off the boat.

gulfcart

Reaction score
I mounted 2 rails, one under each bollister on my 33. Used stainless wing nuts and mounted to the rod holder frame. Each holds 4 tanks and the holders fold away. Works great. Remove it when you don't need it.