Scuppers on Voyager

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have been thinking about replacing the scuppers and thru hulls on my Voyager but I don't know how I would get to the starboard side scuppers.
Has anyone taken on this project and have any advice they would like to share :?:
The easy way would be just replace the rings and valves.

nitrox32

Reaction score
I replaced all my scuppers/thru hulls on my '97 Voyager a couple of years ago.

To replace the starboard side scuppers I had to install a 6' round access plate in the vertical section below the transom door.

With the new access hole I was able to get my hands/tools to enable removal and installation of the new scuppers, I also removed the one of the plastic rod holders under the gunnel to view and get some light on what I was doing. These were the most difficult of the scuppers/thru hulls to replace.

Good luck!

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks nitrox.
Did you also replace the drain hose and drain fitting in the floor that attaches to the thru hull?
My drain hose looks good but as we all know sometimes looks are deceiving.

aa331

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
On my boat, the hoses from the floor drains to the scupper valves on the port side look pretty beat up. Thinking of replacing them, but wondering if the hoses are bad, will plastic thru hull fittings likely need replacing? (which I'd rather not mess with at this point.)

Re the starboard side, was the 6" round access port you opened below the transom door sufficient or was the job still a PIA. I'm thinking of putting a larger rectangular door, but don't want to compromise the structural function of that part of the boat.

Thanks, Alex

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
GWV! Lets cut come holes in your highly prized boat! Sometimes I think that the entire boat is built around the things that will eventually require replacement! 8)

Ken