Scuppers

sanjuanron

Reaction score
My 89 Offshore's scupper ports are underwater? It has dual Yamaha 150's that are up when moored. Is this a problem?

yankeecause

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
So are mine, I quit letting it bug me since rain & wash water still drains out. Go back and check the forums history you will find a lot of discussion on this subject. Joe. P.S Welcome to the site.

AquaAddict

Reaction score
the transom rating for the offshore is 300hp. i have twin 150 evinrudes on the back of my offshore and my scuppers sit below the water line. rain water still drains just fine.

wilson

Reaction score
89 sailfish, bracket twin 200 hpdi's. mine are also under water at rest however i trailer that beast so i sleep at night. the floor drains have a check ball under the strainer cap. that keeps the floor somewhat dry while fishing in the waves. at the dock if the boat had a scupper hose failure, she would take water till it hit bottom. the check ball is at the wrong end of the hose. those (ugly) but functional exterior clear plastic check ball, i think would actually stop water intrusion completely. i would install them if i where slipping the boat. i have heard of guys when doing a transom rebuild, of cutting floor level scuppers (oval) and glassing thru to the outer hull using a flex hose that exits above the water line. much like carolina classics and albemarle's have.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
My Gulfstream 232 has the max power and weight allowed(twin 200 HP 4-strokes.)
The scuppers are underwater, it still drains, no problem. I have had the boat 3 summers without a worry.

It doesn't matter.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
What's the age on those scupper fittings and hoses?

Are scupper fittings and drain fittings plastic?

Reaction score
I have a 1995 262 Chase with twin 200"s on the back. Scuppers are partially below water line. I've never had a drainage problem and have been out in downpour's and rough seas that dumped buckets water into the boat, but it drained OK.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The scuppers on my Sailfish went from submerged to just above the water (depending on fuel load). Never had a drainage problem but didn't really like them under. Be sure the hoses and scuppers (the plastic will get brittle over time) are in good shape! With the new bracket, even with a full load of fuel they're above the water.