seacock size

freddy063

Reaction score
I pulled out the boat today due to the storm coming and decided to fix the seacock’s that stopped moving, so does anyone what size they are? I'm thinking 3/4 my self but not sure. And are they just normal ¼ vales pluming type or are they something special? Thanks

Can I use something like this
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1 ... ogId=10053

no problem

Reaction score
I was able to dismantle mine and lubricate it, now its good as new. I wouldn't use a home depot brass valve. Yours is probably bronze. The threads may be different also. I'm just guessin' . Others here will know more but I think it's a good idea to stay out of the depot's plumbing isle. Good luck with it.

richie rich

Reaction score
Is it a seacock with a bolt down flange or an in-line ball valve? The flange will have straight threads and bottom out on the thru-hull fitting which is also straight threaded....the ball valve is a NPT tapered thread that will go on about 4 turns and bind up....mixing threads is not the best way to do it and is now against ABYC regs, but there are plenty of boats out there with it....
as recommended, don't use the depot brass....use either marine bronze with a stainless ball or Marelon Forespar.....the Forespar actually has a hybrid thread...they call it parallel NPT...regular NPT on a metal fitting is tapered....so the parallel may thread on further than the bronze onto your thru-hull........and it will never corrode.....3/4 is what you probably have but need to measure. If you're replacing the thru-hull, the hole size will determine your pipe size...but you can always go bigger with a drill...

BigI

Reaction score
I'd email Grady White and get the exact part number and manufacturer. Then locate the replacement online. I did that for my seacock.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Stainless or Bronze, preferably Bronze ONLY. Marelon isn't going to have electrolysis problems but will crack a lot easier. Don't skimp on anyting plugging up a hole in the bottom of your boat.