Seafarer 226 with Yamaha 200 HPDI

Paul_A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I would look at the anti-ventilation plate next time you run it just to verify the 2nd hole is correct. Plate should be barely skimming the water on plane and if buried will certainly slow you down. Also since you are probably at the bare minimum hp for that hull definitely make sure the prop is perfect.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Nothing on the boat cannot be fixed. If the price is right, and you know what you are doing, then this is a question of a little maintenence, a little testing, and a little swapping some stuff out.

Talk him down on the price of a new prop, if you think that is it, then close the deal.

Short of the boat itself being jacked up beyond repair, it is a question of price and do you want to fix it.

So, go buy your boat and get it set up exactly how you want.

Then post pictures.

R

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I’ve had far better luck with the Mirage Plus props over the Yamaha SWS props. I’d see if you can find one.

Just remember you will also need the hub kit....no big deal. They run about $40 or so.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I worked with Ken @ Prop Gods too!

My 228 was from the East Coast and I live at 5400' in Reno. He sent me a few different props by mail to test out. Now boat comes up to plane quickly and I get a WOT of 5500.

Not too bad for this elevation~

Dublin

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a 2000/226 with Yam 200 HPDI, no bottom paint. At 4100 I am doing 30 +/- mph (GPS) The motor trimmed to 2.0 -2.2 on the trim meter seems to be the sweet spot.