Seafarer 228 trim tabs

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I bought a 228 (99 model ) recently and she wasn't fitted with trim tabs.
I bought a set of Lencos ( I used the Lencos before on the Trophy and I like them), I'm about to fit them on.
As we don't have many GWS here in Australia would someone be kind to tell me how far from the side your tabs are fitted.
The Lencos are 9"x12", all you have to do is measure from the side of the hull to where the tab is fitted. Picture would be good too.

Thanks in advance..

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I'll bump this up , if anyone is kind to measure and post It will be appreciated .
I can see from pictures on the web they are fitted close to the scuppers all I want to know is the distance from the side of the boat to the end of your scupper.

MixinItUp

Reaction score
will get you a pic and some dimensions tomorrow....

Mixin'ItUp
Savannah GA

MixinItUp

Reaction score
OK; Here is about the best i can do with the time i have.

Best way I could describe the orientation is with a quick sketch, but here goes the verbal attempt.....Looking at the transom from the rear, the outside edge of the trim tab aligns with the transition point where the outter most horizontal surface of the hull bottom meets the first run of deadrise. On my 2006 (and other years in my marina), the tab is set-back from the edge about 1/4 inch which matches the amount of the downward facing lip on the outside edges of the tab itself.

228trimtaborientation.jpg

Shoot me an IM with your email and i will email you a couple pictures.

Padgett
Mixin'ItUp
Savannah, GA