Seafarer Hardtop - Spotlight Switch Location

gasawdust

Reaction score
New owner of older (1990) 228g w/hardtop. This may sound stupid, but for the life of me I can't find the switch to turn on the spotlights. I know the bulbs are good but don't know where to begin to trace the wiring to see if/how they are connected to a switch. And yes...I have checked and replaced all the fuses I can find. Anyone have advice? Thanks......

Tom Armstrong

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Welcome!

Check the overhead light mounted under the hardtop box, see if it has two switches.

jehines3

Reaction score
I assume you are referring to the Sprerader lights as a spotlight was not factory option. The manual shows two blue with white tracer wires originating in the helm console. Does not say exactly what switch and it is not wired like my marlin at all according to the diagram.

FYI, You can download the manual with wiring diagrams from the GW website under customer relations tab. It is 1.55MB for the 1990 manual in pdf format.

Page 36, 43, and 47 will help you troubleshoot and trace wiring for the 228. Good luck. jh

gasawdust

Reaction score
Thanks John,
Being new to GW I don't know if the lights are factory or not. That said, I'll take your advice and begin tracing from the schematics referenced. Thanks much.
Tom

gasawdust

Reaction score
Found it!!!

Right-hand side of electronic box hidden by a speaker.

:oops: