seafarer questions from a newbie

mjb3517

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pre-owned Seafarer and have posted several questions today. In addition, I have a couple more:

1. Can a 1989 Seafarer 228 transom handle the weight of a 4 stroke 225 hp engine?

2. How would I find a marine surveyor to inspect a boat for me (it's too far away)?

Thanks y'all.

MixinItUp

Reaction score
F225
Call Danny, Bert, Eddie, or Carolyn at Customer Relations and talk to them about this one. The max HP for that model was 280HP which I would suspect is comparable in weight to today's F225. The 1992-2008 Sea V2 models prefer less weight back there I can assure you. I assume that it currently has the F225 on it.

Survey
Look here(http://www.marinesurvey.org/index2.html) to find a surveyor in the area of the boat. Talk to three or four and determine who has the most experience with Grady Whites. This is NOT the time to go with the guy who gives you the lowest price. He should know that he will be earning his money at the transom without your telling him. Also, I would tell him to take 5 times the normal number of pictures since you will be relying on his eyes. Be very specific about areas where you want lots of photos(keel at waterline, back of switchplate, inside all boxes, any spidercracks, etc....).

Mixin'ItUp
Savannah