Search/Spotlights

capeboter

Reaction score
Guys, looking to add a search/spotlight. Any suggestions? And for those of you with them, where is it mounted or what would be the best location!
Thanks in advance, Mike

dgreen1069

Reaction score
Beautiful boat!!!

I have mine mounted on the starboard side of the hardtop. It was originally centered at the front of the hardtop, but I had to buy a new one and I was having a 48" open array radar installed at the same time. My controller is on the starboard side overhead bin above the helm. I had the door removed from the bin and a starboard faceplate installed. My 2nd E-120 display, VHF, and spotlight control are all flush mounted to the faceplate. Here are a few pictures of my setup.
IMG_0484-1.jpg

IMG_0306-2.jpg

GWTour275

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Get one that has a wireless remote, they come with two, one to mount at the helm and the other to hold. Mine is mounted on the hardtop on the starboard side.

DaleH

Reaction score
FWIW I use a GoLight wired version with wired remote ... and just run the wires back to the cig/assy socket on the main helm. They also make a wireless version, but you'd need to add a power supply waterproof connection near where mounted.

I made a simple starboard mount that affiex to the forward end of the pulpit with SS clamps that is secured with a bungee. NO GLARE from anywhere on the boat! Light was $100, clamps $8 and I used some scrap material or one could use a cheap cutting board from WallyWorld.

Simple to setup and use, cheap (or GREAT value) and the light will last forever as it isn't constantly exposed to the salt environment and UV.