Service Recommendations - Ocean County NJ

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Good Evening All -

After becoming a boat owner again in late October, it's been nearly 15-20 years since my family last had a boat in Bayville NJ. With Spring right around the corner, I would like some recommendations on a reputable and trustworthy service/ repair shop. I am looking for the marina/ shop to paint the bottom, prep the boat for the Spring (i.e. pick up and put in the water) and do some maintenance on the outboard (2000 OX66 225). Ideally, I am looking for a shop that I can trust to repair my engine, when needed, and can build a relationship with in the future for repowering.

My boat is at my parents that live right by C&C Marina, but not sure if anyone has used them. Others nearby are Good Luck Point, Ocean Gate Yacht Basin, NJ Outboards, Ocean Beach Marina, etc.

Does anybody live nearby and use a shop in the Bayville, Ocean Gate, Beachwood, and Lacey/ Forked River area? Also, any places that I should stay away from?

seasick

Reaction score
I have a boat in Bayville quite near Ocean Gate Yacht Basin. Although I use their ramp for seasonal launching , hauling in fall and gas up, I haven't used them for maintenance. I think that if I had issues with my Yamaha motor, I might look at NJ Outboards. I think they have more experience on Yamis

Up to now, I do all my own maintenance but I don't know how much longer I can keep that up so I am also interested in any feedback.
Good luck

Bob Meola

Reaction score
I use Hobby Lobby Marine Toms River. I keep my boat moored there and for the winter.They have serviced my Yamaha's for 14 years. They stand behind their work. I don't know if the will pick up boat though. Give them a call ask for Bob.

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
With your boat right there in ocean gate , you should look up Dockside Marine repairs. He is a private mobile marine mechanic. Quite frankly there is no other mechanic that I would trust my motor to. In fact he lives about 5 minutes from Good Luck Point and 2 minutes from Ocean Gate Yacht Club. Good luck point is Great for your power washes etc, but Chris Moratta is absolutely the best. 908-646-4626. Chris in fact doesn’t work for Good Luck Point. Call him and use my name as a reference.

Brian Duff

Polapea

Reaction score
Stay away from Hobby Lobby. They got dropped by Grady for a reason.

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I totally agree.