shore power and DC power

Mjdap

Reaction score
I have a basic question regarding shore power, since I have never had this operation before. This is for a 2004 Sailfish:

1: When left unattended, say for a week, would you have the shore power hooked up and "on" and the battery select switch for DC accessories selected for battery bank "1"? If so, would you expect, after a week, that the refrigerator would be cold and operational?

I tried this, and one of the batteries in the house bank, was down, and the refrigerator was off, since the DC was at a minimum.

Or, is this an incorrect method, and there is nothing I can do to keep the refrigerator cold during the week?

Thanks

Cocoliso VI

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
What you describe sounds correct. I use the same procedure on my boat. Did you remember to turn on the power to the battery charger on the main AC pannel inside the cabin? On my 2002 Sailfish there is a breaker mounted under the gunnel on the starboard side of the boat, if this is off you won't have any power on the main panel. The other possibility is that your charger is not working. If the boat has original factory electrical rigging, battery position 1 connects the house battery to the boats electrical system and powers up your starboard engine. Battery position 2 only applies power to the port engine. Check the charger and make sure it has power then make sure it is working. Good luck.