Shore Power

TJR

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2002 Sailfish 282. The first time I plugged it in, everthing worked except the outlets. Now when I plug it in nothing works. The green light on the main panel does not go on when I switch it to the on position. Where do you begin to fix this problem?

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If your not getting the green light that says power available at the panal, the first thing I would check is the breaker at the dock. Not sure where it is on the Sailfish but there is a breaker switch under the gunnell near the shore power outlet on my Marlin. I would check that too. When you get power to the panal make sure the outlet switch is on the on position then remember the outlets are GFI type meaning there are two little buttons on the outlet one black one red. You may have to reset the outlets pressing the black first then the red.

sluggoe

Reaction score
i have this boat;
u need to first check that the breaker is on at dockside power receptacle;
then turn the breaker on that is under the gunnel in your boat;
green should glow indicating cord is plugged in inside the cabin;
then turn ac main to on inside the cabin;
then turn whatever item u want to on like outlets, battery charger, etc.
--slugg

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You said that the outlets did not work the first time - once you get the green light per the first 2 replies you need to check the GFI outlet in the bathroom - the cabin outlets are linked to it on my boat - so if it is tripped the other outlets will not function

ahill

Reaction score
When you exit shorepower turn off any active 120 v appliances then panel breakers then panel main then under gunwale then dock power.

TJR

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. That did the trick. Everything works!