Shower sum pump filter location

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
96 272 sailfish I am looking for the location of the shower sum pump filter as the manual says to clean it can’t seem to find the location

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If you don't see it listed in another part of the manual, such as a section where it shows the physical layout of various parts, just pour enough water down the drain till it turns on and listen for the sound. It can't be too hard to find - it's gotta be somewhere accessible and lower than the drain.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The shower normally flows into a small white plastic box under the mid birth. It is an open top box do if it fills up, it overflows into the bilge. There is a circular tube inside the box that the drains flow through to catch hair and debris. Clean the tube, it comes out. The pump is inside the box and has a float switch. Should be easy to locate.

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
I think I have to take the plate off between the shower and the refrigerator and it’s underneath there that’s what it shows on the schematic

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
8E19BA12-D214-4A7E-BF65-360199A2A24C.jpeg
I’m thinking the valve on my left closest to the bathroom is open. And the other valve on my right closer to the refrigerator is closed

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
D5E3BE03-453B-4FFF-A803-2F5B0477D38F.jpeg
This picture is the right one with the valves I think the one on the left is open and the one on the right is closed Is this correct one is the toilet saltwater intake other one is the macerator pump

Sea Dragon

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
As far as the valve positions query goes you are correct, handle in line with the thru hull fixture is open, 90 degrees to fixture is closed.

Boosted1

Reaction score
Valve on the left is the raw water pickup for the toilet. The valve on the right is the discharge line from the waste tank

seasick

Reaction score
View attachment 16771
This is it but where !!!!
Can someone explain what the lower hose on the sump pump box is for? It looks like it goes to a bottom hull fitting. As far as I understand that sump should have one active discharge port and that would be out the side of the hull

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Can someone explain what the lower hose on the sump pump box is for? It looks like it goes to a bottom hull fitting. As far as I understand that sump should have one active discharge port and that would be out the side of the hull
Yeah, the drawing isn't very specific. The termination point of that hose should be labelled "shower floor drain".

Fishtales

Reaction score
I believe the ribbed hose near the filter wheel is the incoming water from the head floor (shower drain). The outlet goes to a thru hull for discharge. Kinda a crappy system the hoses are shite and there should be a clear cover if you ask me.

Fishtales

Reaction score
BTW, when you get that baby up on stands lift the bow so gravity can drain the bilge and get some bilge cleaner and spray the bilge areas well. Let it all drain out the garboard plug hole.