Smokeless oil

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
if a 2-stroke motor aint smokin , it aint workin......

That engine needs 50/1 at all times. Years ago we used to have a marina that sold premixed gas 50/1 we trusted it and after we filled the tank and started running, the powerhead blew 2 pintons. We rebuilt it.
Only mix your own oil. Stay with what it was designed for oil wise. Also, make sure the overheat alarm works on that by grounding out the sensor. Biggest problem with that motor is overheat. Thermostat gets clogged so pull it and replace every year alogn with the impellar. You cannot hear the overheat alarm when the engine is running hard , it will be worth you money to have a mechanic install an light on your dash. If you see it go on shut the engine down immed. It will save you.

Heres what I would do,

burn up whats in the tank.

use quicksilver 2-stroke oil.

Fill your tank and add 1 pint to every 6 gal of gas as you fill up, better to use more than less. I used to add 1.5 pints to every 6 to my 125 to make sure it was getting enough oil, those engines need it. Smokes like hell at first but it never let you down. My old force engine is still running on a lake in NJ. New owner uses this method to this day, no problems.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
The key to easy pre-mixing is having an idea how much fuel you'll put in. When I did it, I'd first add what I guessed to be half the gas I knew/thought I'd be putting in/need. Then I'd add oil appropriate for the gas I just added. Then I'd add the remainder of the gas I wanted or fill the tank and add appropriate oil for that amount. The oil will seek equal distribution throughout the tank from normal sloshing by boat movement (underway or on the trailer).

Don't expect great things from 'smokeless' oil in your Force. It's more hype than reality except in highly tuned strokers with fuel injection. Quality synthetic did reduce noticeable smoke from a '90s two banger from Japan I once owned, however ...
:sorry

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You can generally reduce the amount of smoke a 2 stroke puts out by using synthetic or semi-synthetic oils.

I would stick with a TCW rated oil from any reputable supplier.

I'd avoid the Lucas product. It may be fine, but in general, oils that are designed for air cooled 2 stroke engines do not work well in water cooled engines and vice versa. There is a different ash content that is related to the very different operating temperatures.

Mixing oil and gas is not rocket science. Just mix the oil with a little gas or pour it into the gas stream as you are pumping the fuel.