Spare Keys

Vtdochop

Reaction score
Purchased a 2003 GW 225 Tournament..but only came with one key. Could someone tell me where I might obtain a spare ? :D

OffDuty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Keys

If the motor is a Yamaha, try a Yamaha dealer. They will probably have it in stock. A locksmith could duplicate one that will work, but it's usually not the small marine size key. I needed a couple copies of my radio box key, and the ONLY place I could find a copy was at a GW dealer. Could not locate a locksmith that had any key blank close enough to open the lock.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you lift the black Yamaha rubber grip there should be a number on one side just where the rubber covers the key, i believe they are all 2 digit numbers, that is all you need. Call your local dealer and tell them you need that key number and they can get it to you if it is in stock, if not it should only take a day or two. The keys are fairly cheap, we have 3 sets, one we carry with us and one in each car my Dad and I use incase we lose of forget them, and the marina has a set as well.

lgusto

Reaction score
Same problem with my "new" 2005 Gulfstream. My local locksmith, who has thousands of key blanks, made a couple of copies for me in mintues. Said he did it for boaters all the time.

Perhaps call some locksmiths around your boating areas.