Spotlock (Garmin or Minnkota) on a 180?

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Anyone done it? Considering it and looks like I'll have to cut out some portside bow rail.

Anyone?

ilmmct

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I have a MinnKota Riptide on my 25’ GW and the integrated Trolling Motor GPS does a good job holding the boat in NC’s coastal wind and tide situations. Minnkota also offers an optional “heading sensor” (puck) which can be calibrated (to boat specifics and mounting location), so it is not required to be mounted right next to the TM. I don’t know the bow rail configuration of the 180, but I believe you have some flexibility wrt the puck installation location with the Minnkota brand.

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
I tried a template for mounting the Garmin and I would have to remove the port bow cleat and some railing to mount the motor base.

ilmmct

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
On my CE 251, I installed a Minnkota Ulterra 112 (60 lbs) using Magnum Metalz downrigger quick release, swivel and mounting plate … which couples to a custom mounting plate (for the Minnkota TM bolt pattern and Magnums pattern). The combination of these attachments … rises the TM mounting plate by about 3”. BigJon Sports offers a similar mounting/quick release configuration. Not sure if this 3” of rise gives you the clearance you might need for the cleat … just throwing an option out there …