Stainless Roller Assembly for 95 Explorer

jpendejo

Reaction score
Anyone out there who has one mounted? I have the 95 Explorer and will be going to deeper waters in the spring, but no pulpit. Thinking of installing a roller assembly set up to help with the anchor, what model should be used?

Windline AR3??

thanks for the feedback.

Captain Jimmie

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
What model roller assembly did Grady put on the boat? Perhaps using what Grady would have installed would be the way to go?

seasick

Reaction score
jpendejo said:
Anyone out there who has one mounted? I have the 95 Explorer and will be going to deeper waters in the spring, but no pulpit. Thinking of installing a roller assembly set up to help with the anchor, what model should be used?

Windline AR3??

thanks for the feedback.

Captain Jimmie
A few things to look at include:
If you won't add a windlass the one piece roller is OK but if a windlass is planned, i prefer the two piece hinged model that allows the anchor to drop more easily.
Tying off the line will be a bit odd since you will still use the same cleats but the line will now run over the side of the roller arm instead of directly over the rub rail. This might lead to chaffing. You could add a cleat next to the roller bracket but reinforcement underneath will be required.

You will need to reinforce the deck forward of the anchor locker on the underside. There is not a lot of space for mounting if you want to be able to still open the anchor line compartment.
The pulpits i have seen on tour model boat attach to the top forward deck AND the prow of the boat under the rub rail.