stereo for Voyager

triangle

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just purchased a 2001 Voyager with a 250 ox66. I have only had Pursuits up to now, but was tempted away by the seductive lines of the voyager. I have to say that this boat is more than I expected, I knew of the reputation for quality build and ride, but now I can see why people love these boats.
The only problem I'm having at the moment is where to put a setreo and speakers, I've looked at pictures of Voyagers but can't see where the speakers are located. She has'nt got a hard top and I don't want to start cutting holes until I'm sure where they should be. Can anyone advise please?

Thanks,

Triangle

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I own a 1996 Voyager and I don't know if the layout is different on the 2001. My stereo is mounted below my steering wheel and the speakers are located on each side to the front of the horizonal rod holders.
The location of the stereo is not user friendly and at some point I will probaly move my gauges around and flush mine there or move it into the cabin and add two speakers inside the cabin.The speakers location now are fine for outside the cabin.
I'm not where I can get measurements now but if you need them let me know.

triangle

Reaction score
Thanks, GW Voyager.
As you have found out the location of the stereo is a problem. I think you've put the speakers in the most likely place. I do a lot of spear fishing and will have to be carefull not to put a hole in them when racking my spear, if I put them there.
How do Grady place them when fitting at the factory?

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Triangle: From Grady's website, look at the 360 Virtual Tour of the 258 interior. I believe that is the stereo tucked under the rod racks on the starboard side with speakers adjacent to the anchor locker.

I would consider placing it in the cabin, on the underside of the fold-down radio box compartment. That way you could reach it by just opening the cabin entryway lid and not going all the way into the cabin.

Rob