Stereo placement on 1995 208 Adventurer

Sandy Bottom

Reaction score
Hi All,

I want to install a stereo in my '95 208 Adventurer. I was just wondering where to instaLL it? Also whats the best placement for the speakers?

TIA

Jay

jellyfish

Reaction score
i have the same problem on my 97 208. I dont know where to put it and the speakers?

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Here was my solution. I mounted the radio inside the cabin in an enclosure, connected a remote control to the dash and built the speaker boxes out of plywood and fiberglassed over them then spraypainted them almond to match. The color match was great. I did wrap the wires in spiral wireloom later. The boat has since been sold.
grady208emailformat001.jpg
[/img]
grady208emailformat009.jpg
[/img]
Starboard Speaker box
grady208emailformat010.jpg
[/img]
grady208emailformat011.jpg
[/img]

Sandy Bottom

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I found another thread that showed an in cabin install. Seems like thats the way to go. Did you wire to the fuse panel or right to the battery?

Thanks for the response.

Jay

J-cubed

Reaction score
I also installed my radio/CD player inside the cabin, only under the electronics box. I installed my speakers in the same locations as shown in the photos. Instead of building boxes, I used wall mounted speakers and attached them to the cabin bulkhead. I wired the radio to the fuse box.