Supper replacement

Dave0707

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hello all. I just purchased an 87 Seafarer and I noticed the scuppers are open. I want to get the boat in the water asap, but I need to replace these prior. Does anyone know the part number and where I can purchase it? I will also replace the thru-hulls and hoses while I am at it, so if anyone can help with those parts as well it would be much appreciated. I'm excited to be a Grady owner!

Thanks,

1560776136499.png

Fishtales

Reaction score
You can measure the od od the thru hole and get on the web. Install with 4200 and caulk with life caulk.

Dave0707

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Is it recommended to change just the flaps? or should I replace the entire thru-hull assembly? I see different types, flaps, balls, and a duckbill. At low tide my boat rests in the mud, not sure the mud will reach the scuppers but you never know...

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You can just replace the flap. It's just a single screw and they hold up for at least 5 years.

gw204

Reaction score
FYI - The flaps won't do anything to prevent water from coming in when the boat is at rest. Their primary function is to prevent water from being forced in through the scuppers when reversing.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
If the flaps are in good condition they will work when stationary provided there no rubbish in there . They worked on my old boat ( new flaps) and they work on the new one as well.
I find if water comes in I put the wash-down nozzle in the outlet that will clean all the fish crap out.

Dave0707

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Excellent! Thanks a lot guys. I will try to change the flaps this weekend, as well as the thru-hulls.
=)