Swim Platform for 209 Escape

jantonello

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a used 2012 Grady White 209 Fisherman. The boat has Bennett trim tabs.

The boat does not have a swim platform and I am trying to determine the "best" way to have a MOB capability. I have read a number of threads on this topic and would appreciate the forum's wisdom on whether to go with:

1. Purchase and Install a Grady White Swim Platform.
2. Purchase an after-market swim platform.
3. Purchase a portable gunnel boarding ladder.

I have looked at a variety of different options and manufacturers online.

Thanks.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had the factory issued swim platform. Yea, that and the attached fold down ladder Iook a little cheesy but it was attached to the transom with large bolts and never loosened or cracked. I see these all over the place and it's probably a generic thing available anywhere. I added trim tabs and never had a problem kicking them.

jantonello

Reaction score
Thanks.

Where is the best place to purchase the Grady White swim platform? A dealer? I have looked online and having trouble finding one that is for sale.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Might want to call Grady direct. There's also a huge marine accessory discounter in Florida that has tons of swim platforms.

suzukidave

Reaction score
i don't like swim platforms either. i had an aluminum boarding ladder that fit in the bilge on my 190, but a heavy guest broke it.

i recently bought some of these transom step handles from five oceans. have not installed yet so can't say if they will work but they seem to be made of solid rubbery plastic material. after i bought them i saw some attached to the back of a motorhome so you can likely get them at an rv place.

71xwZhrTECL._SL1500_.jpg