T Top finish, can I bring it back?

Fishshoreman

Reaction score
Hi folks.

New to the forum as a member but have visited as a guest quite often. I am wondering if the finish on my T Top can really be brought back. Obviously it will not be new but better than it is now. What product do you recommend? The boat is a 2001 Chase. The previous owner had MS and unfortunately could not take care of the exterior of the vessel. I have compounded the hull and waxed, sent out parts for replating and replaced what couldn't be refinished. The boat is looking great except for the T Top and Lean bar.

BTW, how does the factory (vendor) anodize the frame, as one whole piece?

Thanks in advance for the replies,

Ed

Fish Tank

Reaction score
Don't have the answer, but when you get your chrome back, let me know how it turns out. I need some things chromed and am looking for a good company.

Fishshoreman

Reaction score
Fish Tank said:
Don't have the answer, but when you get your chrome back, let me know how it turns out. I need some things chromed and am looking for a good company.

Already got them back. I will snap a photo this weekend and post. They did a really nice job. You will only be able to see the top as they are already installed on the boat. I highly recommend them however, they had the holders for about a month so you will need to plan accordingly.

richie rich

Reaction score
Most t-tops are made with already anodized aluminum tubing...then after welding, they just use a touch up paint over the welds.....but if you're keen on removing the top as one piece, anyone who does large industrial anodizing will have a tank big enough to do that.....the finish will be bright, but if its pitted, anodizing won't fill or cover the pitting...you would have to fill the pits with welds and some touch up sanding, then do the anodizing...it will be like new.

duconce

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You might also want to look at a product called Sharkhide Metal Restorer, way less involved as taking top off.