T-Top Removal Advice

rda323

Reaction score
I'm going to be taking of my aluminum T-Top so it can be powder coated and new fabric. Has anyone had any experience with removing them and putting them back on. I figured I would run some type of line through where the electronic wires run so it will be easier to get the wires back through when I go to reinstall but I'm looking for any suggestions anyone may have.

richie rich

Reaction score
adding pull wires makes sense so you can replumb upon reinstallation.....the rest should be straight forward....mark all your mounting positions....have a friend along side to help unbolt and remove the top....check any mounting holes entering the glass/wood core for moisture or rot and use this time to dry out and make repairs....not much else except for elbow grease.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I had to remove the t-top on a previous boat. On that boat all of the wireing from the top ran down a leg then into the console. I basically disconnected the wires from there respective sources inside the console. then removed the entire top. I then re-connected the wires when the top was put back on. the hardest part was getting the top on and off the boat.

seasick

Reaction score
rda323 said:
I'm going to be taking of my aluminum T-Top so it can be powder coated and new fabric. Has anyone had any experience with removing them and putting them back on. I figured I would run some type of line through where the electronic wires run so it will be easier to get the wires back through when I go to reinstall but I'm looking for any suggestions anyone may have.

if you run a line, make sure it is made of something that can handle the baking temp ( about 375F) Poly will melt and make a mess. Your powder coater may not even permit any flamable materials in their oven.
I would snake the pull wire after the job, before installation.