Tab pump location

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
CJ, the boat has gained a list that it did not have before so I am not looking to add to that.

As mentioned, the pump will be mounted in the cabin,

As far as new holes, any and all holes will be overdrilled, filled with thick epoxy, and redrilled no matter whether they are inside or out.

As per your previous post[/quote]The pump mounts between the two tabs,
...mount it on the inside transom under the storage bin next to the battery

not sure if you have had to do this for yourself or not but I can assure you I am not kidding when I say I am only doing this once and it will be done right the first time.

catch22

Reaction score
Now that is funny.

Like CJ said... the tab pump is small, relatively light and uses only 4 small screws on it's bracket. Compare that to the 20, (that's right... 20!) holes you'll be drilling in the transom. 6 per plane, 3 per actuator mount, and 1 big-a$$ thru hole each for the line connections.

Again... does it really matter whether it's in the bilge or up front?... no. But I just can't see going through the extra work.

I think the main reason Grady puts them up front is - liability/warranty... not so much for convenience... because Bennett recomends a dry environment, (which imo, is not a concern).

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
For what it's worth, we mounted our actuator pump on the inside of the transom in the bilge dead center. High enough to keep it from sitting in any bilge water that may collect and low enough so we can get the plastic cover off the top if necessary. It's been there 10 years now, and I've never touched it since the original install. Never have needed to add fluid. The hydraulic line copper fittings have a few spots of green on them, but other than that, it still looks brand new. All the screws were dipped in 5200 before being screwed in.